The Maternal Health Observership Summer Experience at the Georgia Rural Health Innovation Center is a six-week program June 20, 2022 – July 29, 2022. It is designed to expand the learning experience for rising second-year medical students interested in practicing in rural, medically underserved communities. Students will shadow obstetrics/gynecology providers in rural Georgia. Didactic curriculum includes participation in journal club and publication.
*Must be willing to reside in Central Georgia for the duration of the program – 6 weeks*
Please review the application criteria and fill out the form below.
- Strong interest in rural health and obstetrics/gynecology
- Leadership initiative
- Participation in student organizations
- Good Academic standing
- Future professional goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and independently
- Skills in literature research and academic writing
Summer 2022 Maternal Health Observership Applications due April 29, 2022.
Program Date: June 20, 2022 – July 29, 2022