The Summer Experience in Maternal Health at the Georgia Rural Health Innovation Center is a six-week observership. It is designed to expand the learning experience for rising second-year medical students interested in practicing in rural, medically underserved communities. Students will shadow providers in rural Georgia. Didactic curriculum includes participation in journal club and publication.
*Must be willing to reside in Macon for the duration of the program – 6 weeks*
Please review the application criteria and fill out the form below.
- Strong interest in rural health and obstetrics/gynecology
- Leadership initiative
- Participation in student organizations
- Academic standing
- Future professional goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and independently
- Research literature evaluation skills
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021