The Summer Experience in Maternal Health at the Georgia Rural Health Innovation Center is a six-week observership. It is designed to expand the learning experience for rising second year medical students interested in practicing in rural, medically underserved communities. Students will shadow providers in rural Georgia. Didactic curriculum includes participation in journal club and publication.
*Must be willing to reside in Macon for the duration of the program – 6 weeks*
Please review the application criteria and fill out the form below.
- Strong interest in rural health and obstetrics/genecology
- Leadership initiative
- Participation in student organizations
- Academic standing
- Future professional goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and independently
- Research literature evaluation skills
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021